Revisions to the federal regulations governing human research are coming January 19, 2018. Please be on the lookout for more information and training on the ORIC website and notices of changes within ePIRATE
Welcome to the ORIC - UMCIRB
This website contains the information you need to submit your human research for review and approval by the University & Medical Center Institutional Review Board (UMCIRB).
The primary function of the UMCIRB is to protect the rights and welfare of human participants in research at East Carolina University, Vidant Medical Center and its affiliates, and in research conducted elsewhere by faculty, students, staff or other representatives of the University in connection with their responsibilities or education. This mission is accomplished by an institutional commitment to education and establishment of a collaborative relationship with the researchers and key support staff.
The information you will find on this website includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Access to the electronic IRB submission system known as ePIRATE;
- UMCIRB Standard Operating Practices;
- Institutional training requirements for persons involved in the conduct of human research;
- Links to CITI training, ePIRATE training and other training applicable to human research;
- FAQs related to human research, IRB oversight and ePIRATE;
- UMCIRB Rosters;
- UMCIRB forms, documents and templates, and
- Links to other websites such as FDA and OHRP