The Bookstore Account is an "ON-LINE" ACCOUNT on the ECU 1Card used to purchase textbooks and more.
Managed through Dowdy Student Stores, this account is used for purchases at the campus bookstores including the ECU Dowdy Student Stores in the Wright Building and the Health Sciences Bookstore in the Brody Building. Funds can be added at any time through the Cashier's Office or Dowdy Student Stores. The account is then debited with each purchase at the bookstores.
Upon request, the Cashier's Office can also defer financial aid funds, including scholarship money to the bookstore account.
Cash, check, and credit/debit cards (Visa, MasterCard), are also accepted to set up a bookstore account. Alternatively, Bounty Bucks, formerly the Gold Key Account, can also be used at Dowdy Student Stores.
- Cash, check, and credit/debit cards (refer to the chart below for detailed payment type and method per location)
|Payment Type||Payment Method||Payment Location|
|Cash||In Person||Cashier's Office
|Check, Money Order, Certified Check (payable to Dowdy Student Stores)||In Person By US Mail||Student Store|
|Check, Money Order, Certified Check (payable to ECU)||In Person By US Mail||Cashier's Office|
|Credit Card (MasterCard or Visa)||In Person By Phone
|Debit Card (PIN-based only)||In Person||Cashier's Office Student Store|
- Defer financial aid or scholarship funds
- Visit the Cashier's Office located in the Old Cafeteria Complex
- Call the Cashier's Office at 252-328-6886
- For incoming freshmen, we recommend that you defer at least $400 for your books -- additional funds if purchasing a computer.
- Funds placed on your Bookstore account from deferred financial aid or scholarship funds will be returned 30 - 60 days after that academic term begins. If you withdraw from school or are graduating, a full refund of any unused funds will be issued minus a small processing fee.
To find out more about setting up a bookstore account, contact:
ECU Dowdy Student Stores Attn: Accounting Office
East Carolina University
Greenville, NC 27858-4353
252.328.6731 toll-free: 1.877.499.TEXT
or ECU Cashier's Office 252.328.6886
This is a declining balance account tied to the ECU 1 Card. Formerly the Gold Key Account, funds can be added through the 1 Card office. Funds can also be added online. Bounty Bucks can be used for a variety of campus services.
You can now check your BOOKSTORE ACCOUNT and Bounty Bucks balances online through the
GET application, available from the ECU 1 Card Office. GET is available as a mobile app, or you can access it from any computer.