Aug. 26, 2016
A roundup of the latest awards, accomplishments and accolades earned by our faculty, staff, students and alumni. If you have something noteworthy to share, let us know at email@example.com so we can celebrate with you!
• Lisa Alphin, BSN 05, is the recipient of the 2016 Faye Sugg Nursing Excellence Award from Lenoir Memorial Hospital.
• Clinical Associate Professor Jeanette Avery has been selected for the 2016 class of American Psychiatric Nurses Association Board of Directors Student Scholars.
• The College of Nursing Diversity Advisory Council received an ECU Diversity and Inclusion Award for 2016.
• Professor of Nursing Marti Engelke will be honored with the Distinguished Alumni Award from Michigan State University in October.
• Neonatal Nurse Practitioner student Brittany Frock has been selected to present a poster and a podium brief at the October Florida Association of Neonatal Nurse Practitioners Conference.
• Laura Gantt, associate dean for nursing support services, has been selected to receive the first ever Reviewer of the Year Award for excellence in manuscript reviewing for the Journal of Emergency Nursing.
• Sonya Hardin, associate dean for graduate programs, has been selected for the AACN Wharton Executive Leadership program.
• Phyllis Horns, vice chancellor for health sciences, is the North Carolina Hospital Association's 2016 Meritorious Service Award winner.
• Susan Kennerly, professor of nursing, will be inducted as a fellow in the American Academy of Nursing in October.
• Mary Pate, assistant professor of nursing, has been named a member of the AACN Certification Board; she also received the National Teaching Institute and Critical Care Exposition Lifetime Membership Award.
• Professor of Nursing Kathy Sitzman will be the keynote speaker at the Third International Congress of Nursing in Lima, Peru, in November. She will be inducted as a fellow in the American Academy of Nursing in October.